Your Offerings of Time, Talent or Treasure Keep our Parish Vibrant
LECTORS and Chalice Bearers for 8:00 service.
Lectors are people who read the Old Testament and New Testament readings during the services. Chalice Bearers serve the wine during the service. Please contact Deacon Cathleen Carlton at email@example.com if you are interested in becoming a Lector and or Chalice Bearer for this service. Thank you.
Many ongoing activities are described on our outreach page, but from time to time, various ministries are recruiting for special tasks. Please peruse the list below to see how you can help on a long-term or one-time basis:
Ushers for OMEGA Service Needed
Please contact Diane Stricker if you are able to volunteer on any upcoming Saturday from 6-7 p.m.
Altar Guild Needs You!
If you would like to help with the services at Christ the King but don’t want to be “on display,” then the Altar Guild may be just the ministry for you! Members of the guild do our work before and after each service, and each new member has an Altar Guild Angel who works with and guides them for the first 6 months. We hope we will have enough members that each of us will be scheduled to serve only once a month.
Altar Guild membership is open to both men and women. We also encourage teenagers to come to a meeting to find out if this is something they would like to do. Meetings are held the first Saturday of the month in the library at 9:00 A.M. Please call Mary Lou Bradbury at MARYARNP@msn.com for further information.
Assistance is Needed in Our Nursery
Christ the King is looking for volunteers who would be interested in working with the children in the nursery on Sunday mornings, and possibly one Saturday a month during Taizé services. Workers need to be 17 years old (or older) and must complete the Safeguarding God’s Children online course. Please contact Kathy Hatter at the church office at 520.297.2551 between the hours of 10a.m. and 4 p.m. Tuesday-Friday if you or someone you are interested.
Qualified Volunteers are Sought for our Endowment Fund Committee
Christ the King has recently established an endowment fund from which accrued interest will be applied to special ministry projects. Individuals with a background in finance who are interested in serving on the endowment fund committee are encouraged to submit their names to the Senior Warden of the vestry, Dennis Stricker. Three to five members will be named to serve.
Provide a Wide Variety of Opportunities for Service
In addition to our worship services and fellowship opportunities, Christ the King has eleven primary ministry groups, all of which welcome new members at any time. Detailed personal instruction is provided so that those who wish to participate will feel comfortable in their role.
Each group has a Convener and a Vestry Link, who reports on the group’s activities at each meeting of the Vestry.
The ministry groups are:
- Administration–This ministry encompasses the day-to-day operations of the parish office, maintenance and upkeep, financial accounting and service bulletins and notices. The Vestry Link and Convener is Senior Warden Dennis Stricker.
- Building & Grounds–The Junior Warden, Bill Dosch, is the Vestry Link and Convener for this ministry group, which is responsible for the building and grounds, including landscape and the columbarium. A volunteer group meets for 2-3 hours on the third Saturday of each month to perform general landscaping tasks and cleanup.
- Communication– The Communication ministry group is responsible for the telephone tree, the bi-monthly newsletter, social media and the website. The Communications Convener and Vestry Link is Gianni Ferreri.
- Formation–Steve Merritt is the Convener and Vestry Link for Formation, which includes the nursery, Sunday School, the youth ministry, the Adult Forum and Education for Ministry (EfM).
- Fundraising & Volunteerism–The Fundraising Ministry group consists of more than 20 parishioners who plan and coordinate our annual Holiday Bazaar. funds are used for projects such as painting and the purchase of furnishings, as well as augmenting the New Rector’s Fund. Amy Grudinschi is the Vestry Link; Kathy Green is the Convener.
- Outreach–Outreach takes many forms, including an ongoing collection for the ICS Food Bank, which is located on the campus of Christ the King, and as-needed assistance to organizations such as Blessings from the Heart, Episcopal Relief and Development, Imago Dei School, AVIVA, Primavera, the San Carlos Apache Nation and Tucson House. The Vestry Link is Andy Carlton; the Convener is Michael Seiler.
- Parish Life– Cathy Lang is the Convener and Vestry Link for this ministry, which was organized to build unity and foster friendships in our parish community. The ministry includes the Circle of Friends. Fireside Shawl ministry, Hospitality and the Youth Group.
- Pastoral Care–The Pastoral Ministries’ call is to see to the needs of those within our parish of those who have turned to us in time of need. Several programs fall within this ministry: hospital visitations, the Jubilee Chapter of The Daughters of the King, the Stephen Ministry, lay Eucharistic visitors and the Prayer Chain. The Convener and Vestry Link is Marilyn Beasley.
- Stewardship–The Stewardship Committee provides education around the importance of our time, talent and treasure in forwarding the mission of our parish; the group is also responsible for the annual Stewardship Campaign which raises funds for the upcoming year through pledges from parishioners. Al Riggins is the Vestry Link; Bill Cosart is the Convener.
- Welcoming– The Sunday Welcome Center and the quarterly Newcomer Receptions are the responsibility of the Welcome ministry. The Vestry Link and Convener is Barbara Westover.
- Worship– The Worship ministry includes the Acolytes, Altar Guild, Flower Guild, Lectors & Chalice Bearers, Music & Liturgy, the King’s Choir, the King’s Ringers, Ushers and our Wedding Director. Jen Pajor is the Convener and Vestry Link.
Help Us Keep You Informed!
Christ the King uses e-mail messages and other written communications to alert parishioners to upcoming events and other items of interest. If you have never filled out a parish information form–or if your contact information has recently changed–please complete a form at your earliest convenience. We need your full name, current mailing address and e-mail address to ensure that you are kept up to date. You can also contact Kathy Hatter in the office at 520-297-2551.
You may also check our Facebook page for up-to-the-minute news about events at Christ the King: https://www.facebook.com/ctktucson.
Calling All Knitters and Crocheters
Participants in our Prayer Shawl Ministry have given away literally hundreds of beautiful shawls to comfort people during difficult times, but they have a hard time keeping up with the demand. If you enjoy knitting or crocheting, please bring your needles and hooks and join them in the library on Thursday mornings from 10 till noon to share fun, goodies and prayer as they do the Lord’s work. We supply the yarn, and you may also work from home if you choose. For more information, please contact Jean Barnitz at (520) 297-0697.